Review of my portfolio from 1 to 7 June 2021

 Here is a sharing of my personal portfolio.

 

For the week of 1 to 7 June, it jumped to 4.25%. It has outperformed the 2800 HK Tracker Fund of Hong Kong from 23 Mar to now. The Vanguard Total World Stock ETF is up 5.95% (VT) and S&P 500 ETF (SPY) is up 6.53%. That’s why I also mentioned that it is strongly advisable to have a good global equity fund like Morgan Stanley Global Brands / Blackrock Global Equity Income, and a good US equity fund like Franklin US Opportunities or JPMorgan US Small Caps. This tracking allows me to know where my mistakes are, and correct them quickly.

 

 


XIRR is 22.73%. We are off to a good start and I hope this continues. 



 

The “catch-up” with the VT benchmark occurred when I overweighted Chinese stocks and ETF. For ETF, I added 2823 HK, or ASHR US ETF. For funds, UBS China A Opportunities and JPMorgan China A Opportunities. The old economy stocks in China (Wuliangye, Kweichou Maotai, China Merchant Bank) seem to have recovered. The Chinese tech is still lagging but appear to be bottoming up. I devised a momentum tracker of major indices (e.g. Asia ex Japan, Emerging Markets, Europe and US), and sectors (energy, mining, tech, healthcare, financial institutions). Whenever a sector or country shows positive or negative momentum, I overweight / underweight the stocks, etf and funds.

 

 



 

For country weights, I am at 73% US stocks. This is my NEUTRAL position. Singapore stocks, mainly REITS and banks, have fallen to 9.9%. Chinese equities has risen from 12 to 17% due to positive momentum.

 

 





 

Top performing stocks from 23 Mar 21 to now.

 

  1. Microstrategy because I shorted it. It holds a lot of bitcoin which I felt was over-hyped and will crash. I may close this position once I see Bitcoin stabilising.
  2. A50 shares is up 16%. This is a big position and is up 16% within 2 weeks. (try JPMorgan China A Opportunities and UBS China A Opportunities)
  3. Yum China. KFC, Pizza Hut in China. Resilient business. Clogging up the arteries and boosting cancer rates in China. I was in Tianjin a few years ago and saw street signs of KFC every few hundred metres. Got me worried about the health implications.
  4. Moderna. I’ve re-opened my position in the “King of Vaccines”. Up 13.7%.
  5. Facebook. 12.1%. Try Polar Capital Technology.
  6. Meiituan. Reopened position. Up 12.1%. It’s over-valued, pricey. But food deliveries, hotel bookings should rise due to re-opening.
  7. Energy Fund. Up 10.7%. Try Blackrock World Energy.
  8. Unitedhealth Group. Biggest healthcare insurance in the US. Try Wellington Healthcare.

 



 

 

Worst Performing:

  1. ARK Innovation. Down 15.9%. Notice my position is small. This is a speculative bet and it’s down 15.9%. small position of USD429.67.
  2. Square is down 15.8%. Again a small position of USD422.86.
  3. ARK Genomic Revolution down 12.7%. Small position of USD395.90.
  4. MercadoLibre. Down 12%. Latin America’s biggest e-commerce. I intend to add more positions. Fundamentally strong. Low debt, rising revenues and profits. Stable margins.
  5. Lemonade. Down 12%. Small position of 374.32.  Online insurance in the US.



 

Now comes the transactions for the week!

  1. Closed my Boeing shorts and went long. This is a strong company that’s on the rise. Duopoly.
  2. iShares US Aerospace. Defence spending will continue to rise in the US due to the rising China – US tension.
  3. NXP Semicon, ASML Hlg, Applied Materials. Notice I added 3 semicon related stocks to my portfolio due to momentum. This is in addition to Taiwan Semicon and Lam Research which I already own. Polar Cap Tech and Blackrock World Tech owns a few semicon companies as well.
  4. Moderna. Re-opened long position. Healthcare. Wellington Healthcare.
  5. Meituan and Hong Kong Exchange. For funds I will add UBS China A Opportunities and JPMorgan China A Opportunities.

 



 

Good luck for the rest of the week and stay safe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Funds Portfolio 14 Jan 2021

Lessons in Life

Performance Attribution