What a Year 2020 Was!

 I've matured a lot in 2020. I understood who my supporters were. People who stood with me when the chips were down. There will people who blamed me for suggesting that we should enter when markets were down. But I know how to recover from mistakes. That's the million dollar skill!



I was up about 30% up to from Feb 2019 to Feb 2020. So from 1m, I reached 1.3m (hypothetically, not my actual networth. hehehe). From mid Feb to end Feb, I suffered a 5% from down, so my NAV fell to 1.235m. I was neutral from then until early March when I entered again at the 150 days  MA. You see, no method is fool proof. I was down a shitting 130k so my NAV fell to 1.112m or a further 10% before I cut loss and turned nett short. 

From mid Mar to end Mar I rose by 5%. NAV rose to 1.167m. But the Fed announced major monetary and fiscal policies so my NAV fell 5% back to 1.112m as markets started to recover from 23 Mar 20 1 Apr. But in first week of Apr, I closed all my shorts and turned nett long. My NAV rose by 10% so I recovered back to 1.223m by end Apr. From May 2020 to now, Feb 2021, I'm up a further 45%. That makes it 1.7736m. From Feb 2020 to Feb 2021, I was up 36%. 

I received threats, insults, scoldings from people for being "too early" to enter. Again I was abused when I turned bullish in April 2020. But I answered to myself, I knew I only answered to myself. 36% was a very good performance. 

Stocks that helped me the best were:

1. Tesla over 150%

2. Microstrategy over 100%

3. ARK Genomic Revolution over 150%

4. ARK Fintech, ARK Innovation, ARK New Internet, over 80%.

5. Amazon, Google, Tencent, Meituan, all over 80% return. Meituan was up 150% in fact.

My other account for options rose by 80% during the same period but it was a small account. 

This year alone, I was up 10%. My options account was over 20%. I will aim for 20% and for options around 60%. So my NAV should hit 2.128m. 

The challenge for 2021 is, somewhere along the way, there will be a big correction of 10 - 20%. I need to drop less even though I'm slightly leveraged. If I can drop 5 - 10%, I can add leverage near the bottom like I did in May 2020. Then I will be in a very strong position.

There are also a few that tried to tap my brains for free. I'm happy to help if I have time. But when I conduct courses, they need to support and reciprocate. There's no free lunch in life. Otherwise, just wait for my blog posts, youtube posts, tweets like all the rest. 

There are thankfully many more that supported me, encouraged me, showed me true love. I will never forget them and will always be there for them. They deserve all that I can give. Together we shall grow because I NEVER let down those who have shown faith in me. At least if God is willing. NEVER. That's my motto. 

So I'll continue to improve, sharpen my skills, ensure that I reach the pinnacle of success in life. Then I'll return to society, helping orphans, children from disadvantaged homes, change the lives of the disadvantaged, because I came from the same background. So help me God. 

Comments

  1. This article tells me which ARK ETFs I was asking in another article. I see also MSTR has boosted your portfolio. Foremost, I am touched by your motivation to return to society and help the underprivileged. Thanks and success always. RW

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Funds Portfolio 14 Jan 2021

Lessons in Life

Performance Attribution