Success in Glasgow!

 




I invest in stocks and options. My stock portfolio achieved 9.5% per year for 6 years. But in the last 1 year, I've achieved 20%. I started to invest in options. I mentioned "invest" because I buy don't trade that often. I buy call options on good companies when they are at support levels like the 150 days moving averages. I just bought a Dec 2023 call on Adobe and BABA. Sold a 1 month put on BABA at 250 strike. My options portfolio is up 3% in 1 month.

Another part of my quest for financial freedom is property investments. I used to believe 80% in property investment, 20% in stocks. But i realise that having too much into property may have one major problem; lack of liquidity. Nowadays, about 40% of my portfolio is in stocks and options, achieving 20 - 30% per year. The rest is in properties, achieving 30 - 40% per year. 

I split my property portfolio into two. First part is to flip for 6 to 1 year cycles. Second is buy House of Multiple Occupants or HMOs, add value and refinance in the UK. I've long given up on Singapore as the yields are too low and repeated government curbs. 

This is the latest that I've flipped. The returns is roughly 23% on equity in 7 months. That is 39% annualised. I've assembled a strong team of like-minded individuals to do this. The terrace house is in Renfrew, Glasgow. The sourcer is fantastic, contractors that add value are full of integrity, selling agents amazing.

Purchase price was around GBP117k. Renoation + other costs 29k. Total costs 146k. Selling price 170k. It's small change for a profit and by no stretch of imagination my biggest win. But I'm proud that perhaps for the first time, I've worked in a team of great people to achieve great results. I'm not a lone ranger, but a team player. I encourage my team, praise and support them to the best of my abilities. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Funds Portfolio 14 Jan 2021

Lessons in Life

Performance Attribution