Why I Like Morningstar Subsciption Services

Morningstar provides fair valuation of most US stocks. I trust Morningstar the most as most sell side brokers are not able to issue "SELL" recommendations. If you don't believe, check this out. 


https://www.cnbc.com/2014/10/07/why-are-sell-side-stock-market-analysts-so-wrong.html


80% of Sell-Side analyst reports are "BUY" rating. There are cases of "SELL" recommendation for companies issued and the analyst got banned from future briefings and access to management. 


https://www.reuters.com/article/us-hongkong-research-negative-idUSKCN10P05L

Hence I would subscribe very much to reports that are paid by users, e.g. Morningstar. 

Incidentally a market sell-down has begun. The tech sector is coming down hard. You can never time the market perfectly. That's why I'm 58% equities, 5% precious metals, 12% US Treasurys (hedge), 25% cash. I'm also 1.5x leveraged. 

I'm prepared for a 20 - 30% crash and yet have the ammo to pick stocks up. 


There should be a rotation from Tech to Old Economy stocks finally.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Funds Portfolio 14 Jan 2021

Lessons in Life

Performance Attribution