Inspirational Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54hjUIVLzxE&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR2uAed7PCAvzU-FbJjPditBDwR6ANpVijXLxqYokfxt_SQkLeTGGMNYrxU

I've had many setbacks in life. Boy, more than my fair share.

From 9 to 22, it started going downhill as my dad left to work in Malaysia. My mom was neglectful, unsupportive, uncommunicative. My formative years were a series of one setback after another.

While in university, I woke up. I realised I could be a winner and excel in whatever I set my heart out.

When I returned to Singapore, I realised the work place was a lot more competitive than I thought. I wanted to be in the investment field, but I studied the wrong field and didn't have connections to get the job I want.

From 25 to 35, I went through a series of adjustments in my career. I had to pick up my CFA and CAIA even when I had no background in finance. It was pure grit.

Even after 35, I made many mistakes. I missed out on so many collective sales due to not bidding a bit higher, not treating the agent well enough to get that deal, selling too early.

Slowly, with every mistake, I learned and made myself better. I never repeat the same mistake twice.

The last 5 to 10 years I've made many leaps, from real estate field to stock investments. I begin to invest without emotions, being calm, being very methodical. I got my bearings right each time. When stock markets head down, I was positioned correctly, making the right decisions. When stock markets hit rock bottom, I'm correctly positioned. My properties look ripe for that big fruition.

It was a long journey for me. I'm humbled and grateful for all those who helped me along the way. I intend to give back to society and help all who gave me a leg or two up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Funds Portfolio 14 Jan 2021

Lessons in Life

Performance Attribution