Poetic Justice as Arsenal Beat Watford Away

Life ain't fair. I got over that fact. But as a human being, I need to do my part in the universe to treat others fairly. How I conduct my life, is reflected in my philosophy in football. I think Video Refereeing or VAR should come asap to the English Premiership. The league is too rough, and the referees let physicality get in the way of skills.

Lionel Messi would not have survived in EPL without major injuries. Weaker teams like Watford, Birmingham, will try to injure, maim skilful players in better teams. It's no wonder that Hazard and Pogba want to leave England for Spain. Good players just get injured too frequently in English football. They will never realise their potential.

That's why VAR can reduce misbehaviours. World Cup 2018 was one of the best I've seen. I attribute a lot of the beautiful football to VAR. Mistakes may still be made with video assistance, but players know there is a higher chance that the referee can pick up a nasty foul, an elbow to the face, a knick on the ankles. So they generally behave a little better. It's like having God see our every move and replaying it instantly. Even I will behave much better.

https://le-grove.co.uk/2019/04/16/grim-win-but-the-most-enjoyable-of-the-season/

Watford has always been a nasty, physical team. Troy Deeney was the symbol of this nastiness. He didn't get away with that nasty, cowardly elbow. Next season he wouldn't dare as well, because VAR will be introduced. For years, the corrupt FIFA president, Sepp Blatter tried to stop technology from cleaning up the game, with referees making dubious decisions that changed the course of big games. Whether the mistakes were intentional or innocent, technology is here to help.

Read the link from my favourite football blog, "Le Grove".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Funds Portfolio 14 Jan 2021

Performance Attribution

Lessons in Life