Hear Hear! Credit Markets Indicate that the Bear Market Is Over....

This is the first time I'm saying on this blog. I observed that the credit markets, namely the high yield bond indices have turned positive. This means that there is a very high chance, around 70% that the stock markets have turned the corner!

However, it is overstretched for stocks. The rally that is up around 20% from Christmas Eve has run into OVERBOUGHT. Therefore I will wait for a pull back before going in.

The bond market is occupied by institutional and professional investors. Back in 2007, I saw the bond market fall first and in Dec 2008, it rose first. I was afraid of buying Las Vegas Sands shares in Dec 08 but decided to buy the bond instead because if I can buy the bond at 40ct to a dollar, I can be 90% sure that I can get 150% return in 3 years. If I buy a stock the company might dilute me with rights issues and placements, or convertible bonds. That's why when one is unsure of a company's survival, usually I will buy the bond first.

Meanwhile you can watch Adam Khoo's video on stock technicals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URsGQA3Y7Ck&t=329s

I think in 2019:

1. Asia, Emerging Market equities will rise 20 - 30%. Because the price to book at the trough in Dec 2018 was around 1.4x and it usually is a problem and peaks when it hits 1.8 to 2.0x. It is around 1.6x now so I think there is another 20% to rise at least

2. S&P500, Europe will underperform but be positive. Perhaps a 10 - 20% return.

3. USD will weaken. Gold and silver will rise. 20 - 50% upside.

4. H2O Multibonds may not do as well as in 2018 when it did 33%. Because H2O believes that EM currencies will do poorly and the USD is still strong.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Funds Portfolio 14 Jan 2021

Lessons in Life

Performance Attribution