Get Ready for the "Big Shift"

I am from the banking sector and I know of at least 60% of the fund management, wealth management, hedge fund and private equity businesses shifting out of the UK.
I haven't mentioned the number of factories and other services e.g. legal, accounting firms on the way out.
UK is just 15% of EU's GDP and it makes sense to scale down your operation by cutting between 25 to 80% of headcount in the UK.
I've seen the Asian Financial Crisis, Tech Bubble, Great Financial Crisis, The Big Short, The Big Long, and Brexit. But here comes the "Great Shift".
I think in a "No-Deal" or "Hard Brexit" scenario it will plunge the UK into a recession for several years, eventually with Northern Ireland and Scotland leaving the Union, and will take the country five to 10 years to recover.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Funds Portfolio 14 Jan 2021

Lessons in Life

Performance Attribution